REVEALING: REalisation of Virtual rEality LearnING Environments
Implementation period: 01.02.2022 – 31.07.2024 (30 months)
Project Website: https://revealing-project.eu/
“REVEALING”, is a thirty-month project, funded by the EC under KA2 Cooperation among organisations and institutions in HE, in the 2021 Call. The Virtual Reality Learning Environments (VRLEs) are much more effective in bridging the gap among online and conventional learning, enabling students and instructors to control their avatars in 3D simulated classrooms or laboratories. They interact with the environment, communicate and collaborate with peers and engage on educational tasks providing and receiving real-time feedback. The project will use the VRChat platform to support the creation of HEI-tailored VRLEs. VRChat is a free-to-use multiplayer online Social VR platform.
The main objective of “REVEALING” is to create a VRLE Model using the VRChat platform, adapted to the learning needs of HEIs, and thus, their students.
“REVEALING” will deliver 3 results:
1) The Model of Virtual Reality Learning Environment. It will be tailored to HEIs needs.
2) The Manual for VR-powered lessons. It will be a Manual, on how to efficiently use VRLEs and organize classes, which build upon the affordances provided by such digital tools.
3) The VRLE Resource Directory. It will comprise a VRLE Resource Directory aiming to facilitate the adoption and implementation of VRLEs in HEI teaching practices.
The Consortium of the project includes six partners: The Coordinator: JOHANNES GUTENBERG-UNIVERSITAT, from Germany and five partners:
1) PANEPISTIMIO AIGAIOU – Greece
2) AINTEK SYMVOULOI EPICHEIRISEON EFARMOGES YPSILIS TECHNOLOGIAS
EKPAIDEFSI ANONYMI ETAIREIA - Greece
3) UNIVERSIDADE ABERTA - Portugal)
4) European Association of Erasmus Coordinators - Cyprus
5) UNIWERSYTET PEDAGOGICZNY IM KOMISJI EDUKACJI NARODOWEJ W
KRAKOWIE - Poland